Monday, March 12, 2012

The Shack

Have you heard of this title The Shack?

It's a book recommended by Pastor Amanda Viviers at Riverview Church, Perth. Back when I was in Perth, Amanda shared about how much this book has impacted her and fellow God-lovers. I have to admit it was something at the back of my head to take note to, something I have to put on my reading list. Honestly, I've put the thought away for a bit before my reading spree came to live lately.


Having ordered it on Better World Books at the beginning of the year, I assumed it's just another novel. Things have changed after reading the first one-third of the book and having to go through the passing of Grandpa in the midst of reading it. Sometimes, God just put things in order that you didn't realise it until it's over, isn't it?

Just like the Great Sadness Mack is going through, the passing of Grandpa has been a Great Sadness to me. I have alienated myself for the past week after coming back to the real world. It wasn't until I reached the peak of the story in the novel that I came to know I am like Mack in some ways and I should get over my Great Sadness because God is so good, He never forsake and we should not forsake His goodness.

So, as a way to help promote the book, I strongly encourage you to have a peep at Wm Paul Young's work and together, we can embrace God's lovingness.

 
 
Alternatively, visit William's blog to experience his spiritual journey! Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment