Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Two sleeps ago, I posted an interesting thought I had on Facebook. This thought has been lingering on  my mind since I last blogged and I think it might be a closure to my so-very-dramatic life since I came back for good in December 2010.



I reckon something must have hit hard on me or else the very hard-headed me would never come to such revelation and conclusion. I have to admit to this too, I am not someone who will openly confess my weakness, especially when it comes to telling the world I cried over something trivial or life-changing. Either way, I did that because it's a way to tell myself how much I cherish my family and how "worthy" was the person I fell head over heels for is to me.

At this point of time, it's not wise for me to elaborate much about my already-quite-pathetic love life. Maybe a short summary that explains how drama unfolds and how I become drama-free now?

"The Last Parcel" is based on my own personal experiences and encounters but some creative fictional thoughts of mine are included in this series of writings. So I did sent a last parcel to someone who is once special in my life but I actually met someone who would make much more impact to my post-traumatic experiences.

The saying - "When one door closes, another opens" - runs through my head on that particular night. By shoving a guy out of my life, I've subconsciously invited another in. So we spent some time together and I thought there might be chances we could move on, but somewhere along the line, I saw our differences despite this person has the traits I wanted on my Mr. Right List. To elaborate more on the point I've just made, I witnessed some things I would simply label as "ugly" and I think I should just give up hope on this person and put him in my friends-only-and-nothing-else list. Needless to say, the Drama Queen would need to open her faucet of tears to the end of her special connection with this Rebound Guy. That's when I thought I should cry and let it all out, but I'd either find myself being too dry or fall asleep almost immediately when I think about it.

A few weeks into this wanting to tear cycle. I find myself immune to the drama and got out of it without my own knowledge. It's a good thing for me, isn't it? =)

Unfortunately, I need to justify the above saying I've quoted, as to when a drama ends, the other starts. That's always how it works on TV and I strongly agree it plays out in real life, real time, too.

Grandpa had a fall and a minor stroke. Things get a little unpleasant at home but we are very blessed as a family to have each other, and now we have overcome this obstacle. I find myself crying after being dry for a good 3 months. It's tears of blessings, tears the flowed for the eternal love on Earth and I'm not ashamed of it at all.

And, that's the story behind my extraordinary post on Facebook. Regardless, I did not regret my doing so and I think it's nothing to be shameful being weak at times, because in all these, I found strength surging in from places that would otherwise come from. Here's something I shared with a girlfriend yesterday on relationships:
"I think it's important you set your goals right: Look for someone whom you can call a family. because you'll find the very significant difference between romance and kinship. That someone is the only one who could offer you both, not just either one."
Would you agree with it? I think I have totally made a point there and I will stick to this point up till the day I meet that family member. Till then, see you on the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment