Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Life

Hey there, it has been long, hasn’t it? Oh well, I find it a hassle to login into blogger to blog and I don’t think I am that interested to take that extra step. But I just realised there is much easier way to blog. The credit goes to Windows 7 for sure. Although I still have so much to discover about this new OS but life has been much easier and hipper with it, I must admit.

Today I did something out of ordinary. It’s not like I don’t walk a lot. Most people who knows me will know that I do walk a lot and I made this crazy attempt which I have always wanted to try out. I walked from Dome Applecross to Coles Karawara. Yes, that’s from job no. 2 to job no. 1. Not that I’m working at Coles today but I need to shop for some provisions before I run out of something to eat. It took me just a little over an hour to get to my destination, which I have minus the time I spent in Manning Library. This experience is a little out of the box and it would be memorable as my thighs are beginning to ache now. Alright, I might sound stupid but I just want to get back to the proactive me and make sure putting on the kilos are not on my list this winter.

Today is the 7th day I’ve been working straight. It wasn’t as bad considering I’ve worked 28 days in a row before. What made me upset are the customers I came across. Regardless of which industry you are in, either customer service or hospitality, I think the phrase “customers first” is not necessarily applicable at all times! I came across half a dozen of bad eggs customers since Saturday and I have to be honest, I did not do anything disrespectful to them! For example, if a customer does not have the money to pay up, should I be blamed for that? If the coffees I made are sitting on the bench for at least 10 minutes before it is served, should my head be on the chopping block? Honestly, since the dawn of consumerism, human behaviours have hardly move forward but vice versa. Being rich or middle-class (which means you could afford most things) doesn’t mean anybody can defile someone else or worst more, makes you more superior when you spend your dole! Such behaviour will just backfire and things are turning back at you as you self-disgrace. I don’t think I made a bad point here. Of course, I have to self-reflect in this area as I do think the same way at times when I’m a consumer but I think I am slowly walking with the shoes of a worker, someone who is serving the consumers and I honestly believe these few days of serving difficult customers have shed some light to me. It’s a little late now. I have to go to bed and nurse my lower body. Goodnight bloggie, will fill you up soon.

Ps. Some interesting facts about me.

1. I’m watching Golden Girls series 1 on YouTube during my lunch breaks, its so classically funny.

2. I’ve decided to apply for a library card for the local library. Back to reading Jodi Picoult again.

What can I say about me? I am unpredictable.

Nitenite.

No comments:

Post a Comment