Thursday, June 17, 2010

Work

So I've been pretty much working very hard lately. I can't deny that as my last day off was like 2 weeks ago. It has been 14days in a row and still counting. As mentioned in the previous post, I've been bullied by customers and there's no doubt people living in this society isn't considering enough and the motto "Customers are always right" shouldn't be emphasised any longer. Why would I make such a point? It is undeniable that customers thought they are always right that they no longer need to respect people serving them and what are us other than the same humankind as them? We too are homo sapiens sapiens aka human. Let me tell you what happened to me at work yesterday. There were 3 of us, all girls, working in the afternoon at the cafe. We were busy cleaning part of the cafe when a looney man walked in. He stared long into my supervisor while she was sweeping and I was staring right at him, watching his every move not far away. It wasn't long until I decided to ask him what I could do for him. In a thick Russian accent, he asked if we were closed and I said we're just closing half of the cafe to clean up. Then he made his order at the till and the other girl was serving him his cake while I made his coffee. As I was serving him his coffee, I noticed he asked my co-worker to get him a newspaper. So hello man, you don't pay us tips nor service charges to do that! It's ridiculous what you're asking for here! So I gave him his coffee in a nonchalant mood and he called after me, telling me my apron is "unhygenienic" just because I have the smallest dirty spot right in the middle of the apron. Of course I wouldn't just say sorry, after all I do not owe him an apology for the tiniest dirty spot on my apron! I cleared my throat and told him it was a clean and fresh apron when I went in to work and it got dirty while I was working. He looked unimpressed and asked for my name, and so I told him. Guess what comes out next? He told me to "watch your back". Oh my goodness, I'm so terrified, and like I really do. I glared at him, hard, and walked away. Of course, he stayed there for more than 30minutes, laughing while reading the newspaper and staring at us like almost all the time he was there. As he was about to leave, he walked up to the till and asked my supervisor of Dome's origin and who owns our cafe. She didn't let out much information and he left. What an idiot and yeah, I guess I do have some attractions in attracting weirdo looneys! I guess I gotta get back to work on the Community Visitors Scheme newsletter. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment