Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Work Experience!!!

So I haven't been blogging for a long. What is the purpose of owning a blog then? Oh well, that doesn't mean I'm not going to start doing it now. I hope (fingers crossed) that I will be blogging on a regular basis, not an on/off basis from now on.

Judging by the title, I think you would know I'm actively seeking work experience in the journalism field. By saying that, I really mean it! Australian immigration is giving international students (or, bridging visa holders like yours truly) a very hard time. They are scrapping almost half of the occupations from the current Skilled Occupational List and the new list that does not include occupations in demand like accounting, pharmacy (and more), and also journalism will take in effect in 30 days. Honestly, I do not understand what's gotten into the policymakers' head that people like me have to suffer. The best alternative for me would be doing a graduate diploma in teaching, which would make me a certified teacher in Australia after the one-year course. The thought has been running in my head for sometime. It would be a tough decision to make as my ultimate choice of career would be journalism. So, I've decided to break the thought, and look for work experiences in the field now and gain sufficient experiences by the time I depart. By saying depart, I mean looking for a career in Malaysia and Singapore by the end of the year. I know it would be hard for me, especially when I've been living here for three and a half years. What choice do I have then when all these laws come into effect?

I can't play the victim here as I know a lot of people out there are affected by these laws as well. It isn't the worse option for me to go back. At least I could see my family every now and then and things would be much easier back home. There are people who need to stay here desperately as their home countries offer them limited opportunities. I might have a good life but I'm all prepared for adversities because that is how we learn from mistakes, and that is how we learn from life and grow up.

Anyway, I'm not bragging much here. There are heaps of things waiting for me to do. Goodbye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment