Thursday, August 18, 2011

Have I been THAT good?

The title for today's post has been the centre of my soul-searching session. Day in day out, I've been talking about how I want to keep a healthy lifestyle in order to look good. Have I been practicing what I preached? Here comes the analysis...

I fasted from meat on Day #1 and yesterday, Day #2, wasn't that fantastic. We had group lunch at work and we had duck rice and kway chap! It wasn't all that bad at first, considering how I fasted on Day #1. Then came more food and not wanting to waste food, I actually helped to finish up the remaining on the plates! Needless to say, my colleagues prompted me of my "diet" plan and how I should refrain from second servings. Without much thinking, I told them I'd skip dessert (oh well, it should make up from not having dinner, isn't it?). What happens next should be pretty predictable. I tagged along for dessert! It was almond tofu with longans over shaved ice and evaporated milk. Bear in mind, those are pretty sinful! I finished it anyhow, with the idea of how we shouldn't waste food (yeah, I know, that was very smart of me). Whatever I practiced wasn't all that bad because it was proven as one of the methods to lost weight as we have heavy lunches.

So I've been having light dinners since Day #1 of my healthy diet plan. Light dinner as in - a bunch of broccoli and one/two passion fruit(s). All after my 100 sit-ups and 5 rounds of jogging around our place.

I still feel the layer of fat around my tummy but I guess I'm starting to feel good each passing day. I have a good night's sleep but still feeling the pains from my exercise plans.

I guess it should be alright if I persist with my exercise. I have been praying about it and I know God has already planned ahead of me. Hopefully I could look much better in pictures next time! Gotta get back to work now. Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment