Monday, December 27, 2010

What a Boxing Night!

Last night, I thought I was about to lose one of my dearest, my Grandma. It was like any other Sunday – rather than a Boxing Day – and Grandma was in high spirits during the festive season. She has got to see her second great-grandchild and had a little too much from our Christmas BBQ buffet on Christmas night.

It wasn’t until last night when our domestic helper, Yati, was helping her at the loo that she passed out all of a sudden. She then vomited subconsciously and got Yati really worried. We sought help from my parents and Grandpa looked pretty distressed, too.

I carried her out from the loo and got her to lie down before Dad applied some medicated oil in her nostrils to get her to regain consciousness. She wasn’t very responsive at first which worried me, but she started complaining of her pains.

She vomited a couple of times after, had diarrhoea and complained of her pains. It wasn’t any pleasing image for my parents and Grandpa, I suppose. Even Yati shed tears.

All is good this morning as Grandma and Grandpa got up early to send off my nephew – Gabriel – Mum, Dave and Lina. What’s most funny is how Grandma described herself having a sound sleep and could walk around on her own today. I guess we’ve learnt a lesson after all – do not overeat during festive seasons. The consequences might be very ugly.

Merry Christmas and Happy Boxing Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment